Getting rid of bra fat can be a daunting yet necessary task for many women in this day and age. We all want to feel tight, toned and confident, and it just so happens that having a strong, sculpted back is no longer just an added bonus, but a must-have item for the perfect body composition. But how do you go about sculpting and toning your back and eliminating those dreaded ‘bra fat’ pockets?
Luckily, there are some exercises that are easy and effective at targeting the back and helping you get rid of those annoying fat rolls. From strengthening exercises to high-intensity interval training, here are a few of the best exercises to help you tone your back and banish those dreaded bra fat pockets:
1. Straight-Arm Pull Downs: This exercise primarily targets your upper and mid-back muscles. Begin standing tall with your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold the bar with your palms facing away from you and arms straight. With your core and glutes engaged, pull the bar down towards your hips and repeat 10-12 times.
2. Rows: This classic exercise is great for adding strength and definition to the back. Start with a barbell lying on the ground. Kneel down on one knee, and using your arms, grab the barbell and pull back. Make sure to keep a straight line from your shoulder to your hips. Once the barbell is at your hips, gently release and repeat 10-12 times.
3. Reverse Flys: This exercises helps to target your posterior shoulder muscles. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and a dumbbell in each hand. Engage your core and arms, then lift your arms up to shoulder height while keeping your back straight. As you lift the weights, keep your palms facing each other. This exercise helps to open up the chest and strengthen the back muscles.
4. Push-Ups: You can never go wrong with this classic exercise. Start in plank position, and lower your body towards the floor and back up again. Make sure to keep your body in a straight line and your core engaged. Start with 10-15 push-ups, and work your way up from there.
5. Plank: The plank is probably one of the best exercises for toning your back. Start by getting into a push-up position. Lean on the balls of your feet and your palms and form a straight line. Engage your back and core, hold for 30 seconds, then slowly release.
6. Wall Sit: Wall sits are great for strengthening your back muscles. Stand against a wall with your feet together and slide down until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Make sure to keep your core and glutes engaged. Hold for 30 seconds, then release.
7. Swimmer’s Swipes: This exercise helps to target both your upper and lower back. Start on your stomach with your hands and feet slightly turned out. Lift your arms and legs off the floor, reach one arm back at a time and make a sweeping motion. Switch arms and repeat 10-12 times.
Now that you know the best exercises for targeting your back and eliminating bra fat, don’t forget to keep your overall diet in check. Eating healthy and doing regular cardiovascular exercises can go a long way in helping you attain those toned and sculpted back muscles.
In addition to the above exercises, you can also include cardio resistance exercises such as burpees, jumping jacks and mountain climbers into your workout routine to maximize the fat-burn effect. This will help you get rid of the fat stored in those dreaded bra fat pockets and give your back an even more defined look.
For an extra boost, you can also incorporate weights into your routine. Start with lighter weights and focus on proper form to strengthen your back muscles and maximize your results.
Yoga can also be an amazing way to strengthen and tone your back muscles. Postures like cobra, locust, Upward Facing Dog and Downward Facing Dog can all be incredibly helpful in strengthening your back muscles and helping to banish those dreaded fat pockets. Plus, doing yoga is a great way to stay relaxed and meditative.
Lastly, one of the best things you can do for your overall wellbeing is to ensure you take time out for yourself. Make sure you’re getting enough rest and relaxation and taking some time each day to focus on yourself and destress. Not only will this help you be at your peak performance during your workouts, it can also help you mentally and emotionally prepare for all of the amazing changes that come along with getting rid of bra fat.
The journey towards conquering bra fat can be long and arduous, but with these few simple exercises and tips, you can make the process much quicker. Start applying these exercises today and look forward to the toned and sculpted back you have always wanted. Get ready to show off your back with confidence!