We all know that finding the right fitting lingerie can be hard – and when it comes to bras, we need them to look good and feel good, but we also need the comfort factor to be just right too! Finding the perfect bra is like finding an architect to build the perfect house – it may involve a lot of measuring, trial and error, but all the effort is worth it in the end. Here are 10 tips for making sure you get the perfect fitting ladies bra.
1. Get an updated version of the size you’ve been wearing your bra lately. It’s a fact of life that our bodies change – not just with age, but over the course of different activities we might find ourselves involved in. Don’t be afraid to try a size up or down – it may be precisely what you need.
2. Measure both your bust and rib widths before shopping for new bras. The cup size tells half the story, but the other half is found in the other measurements. A good rule of thumb is take two inches off your bust measurement and whatever the total is; that will determine your band size.
3. When putting your bra on, lean forward to make sure the breast tissue is secure. This will ensure a good fit, as well as providing extra support.
4. After you have done up the hooks in the back, twist the band in the front. It should fit snuggly like a hug around your rib cage and should not move up or down or shift around the sides.
5. Avail the help of a professional. Many lingerie stores offer bra fitting services, or have experts that can professionally measure you and give you tips on what styles could work for you.
6. Straps should not be so loose that they fall down the shoulder when you move arms, but they should also not be too tight against the skin. There should be slight dig or “pinch” where the weight of the cups are pressing against your chest when you stand upright.
7. Center your breasts in the cups when hooking the bra in back and do the same when taking off the bra. This ensures both cups are evenly distributed with no bunching or folding of the fabric.
8. Test the bra by moving around and stretching your arms up. This is of the highest importance – the bra should move with you and not against you. If the bra is too loose, or not providing adequate support, this is the time to adjust.
9. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles! Variety is the spice of life – and trial and error is key to finding that perfect fitting bra that’s comfortable and supportive.
10. Finally, at the end of the day make sure the band is firm and eliminates the bounce, but you still remain comfortable.
Finding the perfect fitting ladies bra is not an easy task, but with patience, persistence and these 10 tips you should be able to find what works best for you. With the right size and style, you’ll get the full support and look great for any occasion. As with all things, it cuts down to trial and error, and investing in quality lingerie that provides the support and comfort you need.
The importance of having a well-fitting ladies bra is not to be overlooked. A poorly-fitting bra will not provide you with the support it should and can lead to uncomfortable chafing and soreness. A good fitting bra should fit snugly, provide support, keep your breasts raised, and your back straight. It should also be comfortable enough to wear all day. Consider the following when measuring for the perfect ladies bra:
1. Make sure you have the right band size. When trying a new bra on, make sure the back band is snug and rides parallel to the floor.
2. Check the cup size. Make sure the bra cups are just a tad too big, so there’s room to move. Test the cup size by putting your finger in the cup- if it slides down, the cup is too small.
3. Check the straps. You should be able to fit two fingers snugly beneath the straps. Adjust the straps until they are comfortably snug, otherwise increase the cup size.
4. Make sure the band rides above the bra and not below. It should be at the lowest point possible for extra comfort. If the band rides down, increase the band size.
5. Ensure the cups shape and fit properly. The cups should fit around the breast perfectly and not spill out.
6. Check the center panel. No breast tissue should bulge out and it should lie flat against your body.
7. Lastly, it should be comfortable. You should not feel any tightness or side pressure when wearing the bra.
At the end of the day, the best way to check if your bra fits properly is to move around in the bra and ensure that it remains comfortable and secure. A good fitting bra is one that rides parallel to the floor in the back and fits snugly in the cup. It should also keep your breasts in place, while avoiding any side pressure.
Finding the perfect fitting ladies bra doesn’t have to be a challenge, but it does take a bit of knowhow and the right resources. Consider investing in quality lingerie to ensure an optimal fit and feel, as well as support. Consult the help of a professional when it comes to sizing and choosing the best styles for your body shape and get set to look and feel your best.
In addition to knowing your measurements and choosing the right style, also consider the material of your bra and how it affects the overall fit. Different fabrics, such as cotton, lace, or satin, will mould differently to your body and provide different levels of support. Also, padded bras should be worn depending on the existing shape of your breasts – to provide more support and desired shape.
In addition to taking all these aspects into account, your lifestyle will also determine what kind of bra is the most suitable for you. If you are highly active, go for something with a more powerful supportive structure, as it will help reduce any bounce and keep you secure while exercising. On the other hand, if you are more of a fashionista, you might want to opt for a decorative bra made of more breathable material for everyday use.
At the end of the day, finding the perfect fitting ladies bra is not as difficult as it may seem. With today’s modern styles, fabrics and technology, there’s something for everyone. With ample support, there is no need to sacrifice comfort or style. Now, go out there and find the perfect bra that gives you confidence and allows you to enjoy comfort all day long.