Back fat is not only aesthetically unappealing but also signals an unhealthy lifestyle. But it need not be permanent. With dedicated workouts designed to target the area, you can find yourself with a fitter, firmer back in no time. Here are 10 epic back workouts to kill your back fat, conquer those love handles and start building a better you:
1) Medicine Ball Slams: You will need a medicine ball for this one. With your feet shoulder-length apart, twist from one side using your torso towards the other side and slam the medicine ball onto the ground. Do this 12-15 times on each side. This exercise provides a full-body workout with burning calories and building muscle leading to elimination of back fat.
2) Swimmers: Get into a push-up position with your stomach to the ground and your hands shoulder-width apart. Using your arms and oblique, twist your body to one side and lift your other arm and leg towards the ceiling. Do this for 10-15 reps on each side, alternating each side. This strengthens your core and reduces back fat.
3) Two-arm Woodchopper: Using a medicine ball, kettleball or a dumbbell of equivalent weight, start in a standing position with your feet shoulder-length apart. With the weight held directly above your head, twist your body to one side and lower the weight towards the opposite side of your legs. Take it back to the starting position and repeat the same motion on the opposite side. Do this for 10-15 reps on each side, alternating each side and you will reduce the fat in your back region and build strength.
4) Front Plate Rows: Attach a plate to a straight bar, and attach the straight bar to a pull-up machine. You can also use a regular weight for this by holding 2 dumbbells or kettlebells together to form a plate. Keep your back straight and bend your knees while you pull the plate towards your chest. Do 15 reps in each set with 3 sets in total. This is a great exercise for targeting your back fat and building strength.
5) Renegade Rows: This workout is great for reinforcing your core and eradicating your back fat. Use two dumbbells with feet shoulder-length apart. With one hand gripping the dumbbell and your other hand placed on the ground in a push-up position, lift the opposite leg and extend it while you lift the dumbbell towards your chest, lowering it back down again. Do this 10-15 times for each side, alternating each side.
6) Bent-Over Row: With your feet shoulder-length apart and knees slightly bent, keep your back straight and arms extended down. With a barbell in your grip, pull the barbell up towards your chest, pause and lower the barbell back down again. Do this 10-15 times in total, three sets in total to make your back fitter and diminishes fat storage in your back region.
7) The Pull-Up: Gripping the bar with arms extended, hold your body and pull yourself up towards the bar. As you lower back down, release the grip to full extension. This is one of the toughest exercises but offers great results in achieving strength and eliminating back fat. Do 10-15 reps in three sets for optimal results.
8) Single Arm Bent-Over Rows: With one dumbbell in your hand and your feet shoulder-length apart, bend your torso down until the back is parallel with the ground while you extend the opposite arm towards the ground in a support stance. Bend your knees slightly, and your torso slightly back so it doesn’t sag. While you extend your arm to the side, lift the dumbbell towards your chest and lower it back down. Do this 12-15 times for each side, alternating each side.
9) Elbow High Rows: Grabhold of two dumbbells and stand with your feet shoulder-length apart. With your elbows extended, lift the dumbbells up towards your chest, with your elbows higher than the shoulder level. Lower the dumbbells back down to full extension. Do 10-15 reps in total for three sets.
10) Barbell Deadlifts: This exercise is a classic for any fitness routine. Place a barbell in front of you and stand with feet shoulder-width apart, slightly bending your knees and with your back straight. With your arms extended to the barbell, lift the barbell up to shoulder length and lower it down again. Do 10-15 reps for three sets.
Finally, don’t forget to finish off your back fat workout by stretching the muscles to ensure that all fat is gone and those muscles remain strong. Stretching reduces strains, spasms and soreness, and it is almost as efficient as cardio workouts when it comes to reducing fat in the area.
There are a few challenging exercises for working out your back, but the payoff in the end includes better posture and long, lean muscles instead of the excess back fat. So take on the challenge and see yourself becoming fitter and stronger.
Not sure where to begin? Start slow by trying the bent-over row exercise. Keep your back straight and need to flex your shoulder blades as you draw the weight towards your chest. After a few exercises, your back will start to feel stronger and you can move onto more challenging ones.
If you feel that you can tackle more of a challenge, incorporate the two-arm woodchopper exercise into your routine. You can also use a medicine ball or a kettleball along with this exercise. Just twist the ball from one side using your torso and slam it to the other. This exercise will help burn fat and will make your back muscles stronger.
You can also add in elbow high rows to your back workout routine. With two dumbbells, extend both your arms with the dumbbells and slightly bend your knees. Now, lift the dumbbells and pull them towards your chest until your elbows are above shoulder-length. This exercise helps target your back and makes it look toned.
To bring about a change in your body and to build lean muscle, try doing front plate rows. Use a plate weight to pull it toward your chest and pause. It is a great exercise to reduce back fat and build strength.
For an intense workout, include Barbell deadlifts to your routine. With a barbell, lift the weight up and lower it back down again. This exercise helps reduce back fat and strengthens your back and muscles.
If you’re ready to get rid of those love handles, medicine ball slams are the way to go. With a medicine ball, twist your torso from one side to another and slam the ball on the ground. This exercise burns calories and targets full-body muscle building to get rid of back fat.
Swimming is a great way to strengthen your core and reduce back fat. Get into a push-up position and twist your torso and upper body to one side while lifting your arm and leg to the ceiling. Alternate sides and do 10-15 reps on both sides to make your back look lean and fit in no time.
The Pull-Up also helps in getting rid of back fat. Grip the bar with arm extended and pull yourself up towards the bar. Lower the grip and release the bar to full extension. This exercise helps in toning your back muscle and also helps in reducing fat in back.
For a single arm bent-over row exercise start by holding one dumbbell in one hand. Bend your torso down until it is parallel with the ground and extend the opposite arm towards the ground for support. Lift the dumbbell towards your chest and lower it back down. Do this 12-15 times for each side, alternating each side and see a leaner back in no time.
Now that you’ll have a stronger back in no time, don’t forget to do stretching exercises as well. Doing a few stretching exercises after a workout helps reduce strains and pain and also increases flexibility for better results.
To keep track of your workouts, set some goals for yourself to stay motivated. Make sure these goals are realistic and achievable and try to keep challenging yourself day by day. Do a few back workouts every day and pay extra attention to the ones that focus on reducing back fat.
Still have doubts? Don’t worry. Consulting a fitness professional with experience in working out your back can be a great help. They can provide expert advice and work with you to make sure that you are getting the results you want.
To keep from getting bored with the same exercises, it can be a good idea to switch things up. Keep mixing the exercises, so that your muscles never know what to expect. By doing different workouts on different days, you can keep your back routines fun and fresh.
Working out your back doesn’t just help reduce back fat, it can also help improve your posture and increase strength. So don’t be afraid to get up and get to work. With the right attitude and motivation, you’ll make sure that back fat be relegated to the past.
If you’ve had enough of back fat, then get to work with some of these exercises and leave the love handles in the dust. As you progress, you’ll soon see the difference in your muscles and overall fitness. So stay motivated and consistent with your back workouts to see optimal results.
Do a combination of these exercises and create your own workout routine for quick and optimal results. Make sure you don’t overdo it and give yourself enough rest in between workouts to get the best results.
Swimming is a great way to reduce back fat and strengthen your core. This exercise is also a fun activity that doesn’t feel like exercises at all. However, make sure that you don’t overdo it and give your body the rest it needs.
Yoga has many benefits and it can be done anywhere. It works on strengthening the back muscles and improves posture too. Doing a few back-focused yoga poses can be a great way to beat back fat with its power.
Interval training can be a great way to intensify your workouts and get dramatic results. Try doing some interval cardio and also incorporate some weights to make the workouts more challenging and productive.
Circuit training is an excellent way to get rid of back fat. Creating circuits with your back workouts will target the area, increase muscle mass, and eliminate fat in the process. Don’t forget to keep mixing it up and switch exercises to keep it fun and challenging.
Pilates can be one of the most effective exercises for reducing your back fat. It strengthens the whole area