- Assisted chin up – 10-12 reps.
- Air squat – 10-15 reps.
- Assisted push-up (knees) – 12-15 reps. Complete 2 sets in cycles and move on to
- Seated cable row – 12-15 reps.
- Leg press – 10-12 reps.
- Seated pectoral fly – 12-15 reps.
- Wide grip lat pulldown – 12-15 reps.
- Lunges – 10-12 reps.
How many reps of weights should a woman do?
The American College of Sports Medicine recommends 4 to 6 repetitions with heavier weight for hypertrophy (increased muscle size), 8 to 12 repetitions for muscular strength and 10 to 15 reps for muscular endurance.
How many days a week should a female weight train?
Most women find optimal results when working out each main body part once per week on a 3-4 day workout schedule.
Can a female lose weight by lifting weights?
The bottom line
Weightlifting is beneficial for women at any age and will not make you bulky. Rather, it can help create a lean, stronger look. It helps you build strength and muscle and reduces your risk of chronic diseases, and it can promote weight loss.