- Barbell push press (6 reps x 4 sets)
- Goblet squat (6 reps x 4 sets)
- Dumbbell single arm row (6 reps x 4 sets)
- Shoulder lateral raise (6 reps x 4 sets)
- Bench press (6 reps x 4 sets)
- Pull ups/assisted pull ups (6 reps x 4 sets)
- Barbell bicep curls (8 reps x 4 sets)
How do you workout as a beginner at the gym?
To begin, choose a cardio machine (like the treadmill or the elliptical) and aim to stick with it for 20 to 25 minutes or whatever seems achievable for you. Start off slow and gradually adjust the incline, resistance, or speed if you think you can handle more.
How long should I spend at the gym?
The American Heart Association recommends 75-150 minutes of aerobic activity, as well as two strength-training sessions, per week. Assuming the strength training sessions last roughly 20 minutes each, that breaks down to about three hours of exercise a week.
What should I do on my first day at the gym?
First Day at the Gym
You should begin your first workout with a warm-up consisting of 10 minutes of walking or jogging or other aerobic exercise. Loosen up with a few very light exercises first, then choose a weight that is heavier and that starts to feel somewhat heavier as your muscles tire.