“There is overwhelming evidence that even a short 10-minute workout performed at moderate to high intensity can make a huge difference in your health and fitness level,” says Olga Hays, an American Council on Exercise-certified wellness promotion specialist at Sharp HealthCare.
What is the best exercise for women’s weight loss?
The 8 Best Exercises for Weight Loss
- Walking. Walking is one of the best exercises for weight loss — and for good reason.
- Jogging or running. Jogging and running are great exercises to help you lose weight.
- Weight training.
- Interval training.
Is a 15 minute home workout enough?
Just 15 minutes of exercise a day can boost life expectancy by three years and cut death risk by 14%, research from Taiwan suggests. Experts in The Lancet say this is the least amount of activity an adult can do to gain any health benefit.
What is the most effective home workout?
The Advanced Bodyweight Workout:
- Bodyweight squats: 20 reps.
- Walking lunges: 20 reps (10 each leg)
- Jump step-ups: 20 reps (10 each leg)
- Pull-ups: 10 reps [or inverted bodyweight rows]
- Dips (between bar stools): 10 reps.
- Chin-ups: 10 reps [or inverted bodyweight rows with underhand grip]
- Push-ups: 10 reps.
- Plank: 30 seconds.