- Take it easy. Don’t overdo it when you return to the gym.
- Find exercises you enjoy. If you’re struggling with motivation, find a way to enjoy exercise, like joining a class.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself.
- Prepare the night before.
- 10 minutes is good enough.
How should I train to return to the gym?
To ease in, start out with 2-3 sets of 8-12 repetitions using a lighter weight than you usually would, and focus on correct form. As your body begins to adjust after a month or so, you could then play with increasing the weight, upping the sets to 3-5, and lowering the rep range to 5-8.
What is the best workout after a long break?
You may want to take up strength training and lifting weights, or try some flexibility workouts like yoga. You might like to try out a sports activity like boxing, tennis, or dance. Challenge yourself to that fitness class or Gloveworx training session you’ve always wanted to try.
How do I start going to the gym again?
- Get Started Slowly.
- Set Fitness Goals.
- Create an Exercise Schedule.
- Monitor Your Progress.
- Get an Accountability Buddy.
- Work With Fitness Experts.
- Make Time for Rest and Recovery.
- Exercise and Therapy Support From Relax The Back.