Weightlifting is beneficial for women at any age and will not make you bulky. Rather, it can help create a lean, stronger look. It helps you build strength and muscle and reduces your risk of chronic diseases, and it can promote weight loss.
How many times a week should a woman lift weights?
|Training level||Days of training|
|Beginner||2 to 3 days per week of strength training (full-body each session)|
What weight lifting exercises should women do?
- Front Squat + Overhead Shoulder Press.
- Alternating Reverse Lunge + Bicep Curl.
- Sumo Squat + Upright Row.
- Curtsy Lunge + L-Fly.
- Plank + Row.
- Glute Bridge + Tricep Extensions.
- Glute Bridge Hold + Chest Press.
How should a woman start lifting weights?
- Warm up.
- Start with lighter weights.
- Gradually increase the weight.
- Rest for at least 60 seconds in between sets.
- Limit your workout to no longer than 45 minutes.
- Gently stretch your muscles after your workout.
- Rest a day or two in between workouts.